Draft Constitution of /pol/, composed by John Locke, Peppa Greens, and others, and formatted by Peppa Greens (please include your name if you have contributed to the creation of this constitution draft)
The Constitution was ratified by a convincing majority in Parliament on the 28th of May 2015. A Constitutional Convention will take place on the 29th in order to clarify and expand upon the basic premise of our Constitution.
If you make an amendment to a section, rather than just deleting the old section, put your amendment in brackets underneath the original section.
We, the People of the Politically Incorrect Board of 4chan (henceforth refered to as /pol/ within this document), hereby, in the name of Freedom, Democracy, Cooperation, Diplomacy, Justice, and Sick Banter, declare the formation of a permanent and constitutional governing body, founded under the principle of Law, and the Supremacy of God.
Bill of Rights Edit
This guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and non-degenerate board.
- Parliament shall make no law respecting an establishment of rare pepes, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of feels, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
- The right to bear memes, in order to form rare pepes free from Reddit intervention, shall not be infringed.
- No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war.
- The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
- All persons on /pol/ have the undeniable right to anonymity, and the right to revoke their anonymity.
- Kek (pbuh).
- Jews did 9/11.
- Hitler did nothing wrong.
- The Federal Reserve is owned by Jews.
- JET FUEL CAN’T MELT STEEL BEAMS.
- Gas the kikes, race war now.
- Moist Nuggets.
- all persons have the right to express any and all political beliefs they have.
- all persons are welcomed to challenge any and all opinions they deem unsavory.
Article 1: Legislative Power Edit
There shall be one Parliament for /pol/, consisting of a Prime Minister, three Speakers, an upper house styled the Patriarchy, and a lower house styled the House of Plebes
Section 1 : Prime Minister Edit
The Prime Minister (henceforth referred within this document as the PM), subject to the provisions of this act, shall be the executive head of /pol/ and its government.
The retains the authority to;
- appoint three Speakers of the Patricians
- appoint their cabinet
- veto any bill that has passed Upper house with less than 2/3 support
- dissolve parliament
Section 2 : Speakers Edit
Speakers retain the authority to;
- moderate debate in the Patriarchy
- dissolve parliament with the express consent of 2/3 of the Patriarchy
Section 3 : The Patriarchy Edit
The Patriarchy, subject to the provisions of this act shall consist of up to 200 members, who shall be styled as Patricians.
A Patrician, shall willingly revoke their right to complete anonymity, thus becoming tripfags.
Patricians retain the right to;
cast a single vote for their choice of PM
run for any position in government, including but not limited to that of the PM
remove the PM through Impeachment
Section 4: The House of Plebians Edit
The Lower House, subject to the provisions of this act shall consist of 435 seats.
The Lower House represents the voice of the average /pol/ack who isn't autistic enough to become a senator.
The Lower House's seats shall be assigned by proportional vote of the people of /pol/
Section 5 : Process for Law-making Edit
Any member of the upper house may introduce a bill. The bill shall be;
introduced in the Upper House main thread,
debated by the Patricians, allowing for amendments to be made if required
voted on thread, whereas a simple majority will pass the bill
if the bill is passed, it shall be introduced to the lower house; point 3. shall be repeated
if the bill is passed, it shall be introduced to the PM for their assent,
if the PM assents, the bill is passed into Law
Laws will be written down at polcode
Section 6 : Impeachment Edit
Any member of the Patriarchy may introduce a movement to impeach the PM. The process for impeaching the PM is;
the same process as described in Section 5, point 1 and 2
the impeachment order will be voted on via thread, whereas a majority of 2/3 is required to pass the order
upon approval of the impeachment order by the Patriarchy, an active Speaker shall dissolve parliament and call a presidential and House of Plebians general election.
Article 2 : Election Rules Edit
Section 1: Parliament Sessions Edit
No single parliamentary session shall be longer than one week from the previous General Election
A General Election shall be called if Parliament is dissolved
A General Election shall consist of a Prime Ministerial election, and an election of the House of Plebians
Section 2: Election for the PM Edit
A separate thread shall be created for the purposes of the Election for the PM, wherein the Patricians, having the right to vote for PM, shall cast their vote, using the following template:
Candidate [Party] & Running Mate [Party]
A simple majority is required for a candidate to be elected. If a simple majority is not attained by any candidate, a runoff vote shall occur between the two candidates with the most votes
Section 3 : Election for the House of Plebeians Edit
A thread vote shall be created for the purposes of an election for the House; this election shall be open to all persons on /pol/.
The House shall be filled proportionally to the vote of the people of /pol/.
Article 3 : Ratification and Amendment Process Edit
Upon its first submission to Parliament, this document may be amended via simple majority vote; a ratification of this document shall require a 2/3 majority.
Upon ratification, this document shall represent the Supreme Law of /pol/
Any movement to amend any section of the Constitution of /pol/ following initial ratification shall require a 2/3 majority